Moorside Park was originally Moorside Farm (built in 1682 – demolished in 1933).
The Farmhouse was known as Ye Olde Manor House, and occupied a plot of approximately what is now 37 Moorside Road. It was originally the home of the Johnson family, who were prominent landowners in the Crosby area. Laurence Johnson, son of Richard, was executed (hanged, drawn and quartered) at Tyburn on the 31st May 1582, and declared ‘Blessed’ by Leo XIII in 1886.
The park was established in the 1930s for the enjoyment of the local people.